Sunday 3 January 2010

Oh dear

It really is a long time since I updated this blog. I fear that this item could become rather long as I play catch up on over two weeks modified exercise.

It's been cold and snowy. I can't remember having such a long sustained period of winter in my 40 years in the UK.

Early morning swim sessions have been adversly affected due to the cold. Either it's too cold for me to get my arse out of bed and/or the roads are that icy it's not wise to cycle to the pool.

A lot of the cycling sessions have become turbo sessions. Which isn't all bad seeing as it is giving me an opportunity to train on the time trial bike I wish to use for Ironman Australia. I can't see me getting out on the roads to test it before March. I will be in Lanzarote for a week in Feb and had been planning on taking the bike there, but taking to people today, I'm now not sure of the wisdom of a tt bike on a hilly island. Oh well, got a couple of weeks to decide.

Running though has been good. Some of the effort sessions have been put off, but I am still getting out and running. Typically tempo sessions and heading off road. Running on fresh snow is lovely. I'm being very cautious about my foot strike and I may be getting away from my heal strike which is a very good thing.

Anyway I need to provide an update on what I've been doing. But not right now. I will be back.

No comments: