Wednesday 13 January 2010

Long Run wk15 Wednesday 13th January

To enable two long bike rides this weekend my long run for the week needs to be done today. The distances are now building and today's is 17 mile. These long runs will now extend by 1 mile week (except for the rest weeks were I'll get a reprieve).
The plan is to do the run afterwork. Originally the idea was to run home. I then thought about doing the run early this morning from home, but stayed in bed. My plans now are to do the run from work, then cycle home. The route I've chosen is shown in the graphic and can be seen at gmaps pedometer here. Have tried to keep away from too many quiet country lanes as it is still a bit icy. Figured that quiet city paths might be wisest, though it is now snowing again (13:09)

Post Run Update
Right, so the run is done. The target pace was 8:20mpm (minutes per mile) which is the pace from my best marathon. The conditions were a mix between slushy and icy. That means I found things a little soft under foot or a little slippy under foot at times. It was dark, the batteries in my headtorch look like they need replacing, oh and it drizzled a bit. It sounds like I'm trying to make excuses. Which I guess I am, though I suppose the other take is that I'm showing off because I managed to achieve 8:24mpm. I'm very pleased with my early evening's work.

1 comment:

Iain said...

I've just added your blog to google reader! It's pretty good, I can follow twitters without logging onto twitters. :-)