Tuesday 26 January 2010

Long ride Wk16 Sunday 24th January

Was meant to participate in the VC Norwich Reliability ride with strict instructions to latch onto and hang onto the fastest group. I really didn't feel up to that and didn't get out of bed in time to join in.
Instead I went for a solo ride with the aim of 3 hours at 18mph. I was barely able to average 15mph. My body just didn't want to work harder than 70% of heart rate max and the legs didn't want to turn over faster than 80rpm. The mind was not in a good state. Thought about stopping at my Mum's and asking for a lift home. Felt like pulling over and laying on the road side to cry. Can't recall ever being so keen to get off a bike.
Not a bad little 45 mile route and discovered that the Carrot Cake Clif Bars are jolly tasty.
Decided against doing the 30minute timed swim in the evening that I'd asked my mother to lap count for me. Instead I treated her and my brother to take away curry.

No comments: