Saturday 30 January 2010

And then again there was Snow - Turbo Brick wk 18 Saturday 30th January 2010

Had a relaxing massage from Jude Durrant Thursday lunchtime and then received the following text message from the coach:
"Saw your blog today don't do the swim what you missed on tuesday tomorrow."
I had been planning on squeezing that missed session in on the Friday morning. Then due to working late and then it snowing by the time I got home I was too late for the Tri-Anglia Committee Meeting and definately too late to get a recovery ride in before the meeting. Instead I just spent the evening chilling out at home with the cats.
I can't get over how much snow we've had. We've had the third dose. Good job today's session involved the turbo trainer in the garage, but again run efforts are a bit restricted due to slippery surfaces under foot. The session involved a fifteen minute warm up, then a hard 20minutes (280 watts) on the bike then straight into a 2400-3000m run at 6:30-6:45mpm pace (I did 7mpm thanks to the conditions) a quick breather then 10 mins recovery spin before repeating the run and bike efforts. Then a 10minute cool down.
This evening I'm heading for a swim. The session I have in mind is 4k comprising 800m warm up, 4x 300m with 30s rest, 8x 100m on 1:40-1:45 (we'll see how I'm going), 16x 25m on 30s then an 800m warm down.
Had been planing to treat tomorrows easy ride as a social ride. With snow and ice, I think I'll change that to a turbo recovery ride and then a second good swim.

No comments: