Sunday 17 January 2010

Ride, Cinema, Run

Rode with the VC this morning, well, at least to their cafe stop at Bressingham. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3417398 I then rode back on my own as I needed to get back for a trip to the cinema to see "Up in the Air". Found my legs were quite tired to start with, and then completely shot at the end. Getting up the hill to join the group was hard, riding with the group was fine, even when they speeded up for the final couple of miles to the cafe, though the average speed was lower than the target. Once on my own I made an effort to get the speed back up and made some headway getting it from 16mph to 17mph, but was then tired for the rollers along Stoke Road and the average dropped again.

I really enjoyed the George Cloony film "Up in the Air". I found it really quite engaging, interesting and funny. A little sad perhaps at the end, but to my mind he did the right thing.

Then in the evening a run. Really wasn't looking forward to going out. In fact the legs didn't want to do anything. I was sat there in a muddled state of mind thoughts switching between "I'm going to be sore and not enjoy it" and "I'll feel guilty to dipping out". So, I let fate decide, I let my friends cat Pushkin decide which coin to toss and it came up heads, the run it was. The schedule said 6 miles at 7:30 - 8:00 mpm, and finding a route that was going to be pleasent to run in the dark on a sunday evening had been part of the procrastination, but in the end the inner city ring road was an okay option - fairly quiet, just a couple of drivers making turns without indicating. As I was feeling tired I attacked the first mile as I feared I was going to be slow and was pleasently surprised to knock it out in 7:12. After that tried to settle into a rhythm but could feel that I was getting progressively tired as the run went on, and grapes hill wasn't a thrilling sight in the fourth mile. Ended up covering 6.1 miles in 45:38 which works out to 7:28mpm. So pleased with that, makes up for being off the pace on the bike earlier in the day.

No comments: