Friday 22 January 2010

Mile efforts - Wk 16 Friday 22nd January 2010

Following the long run home on Wednesday I jogged back into work yesterday Morning. It was only 1.6 miles, but fairly hard work. Thanks to a full day at work that spilled into the evening (admittedly the last bit was a meal and beer with new colleagues) I didn't get to do the scheduled turbo session. As my legs were tired I really didn't mind. In fact to be honest I was glad of the excuse to skip training. Must be a sign that I was tired.
Another early start at work meant I missed the scheduled swim. I did get out for a quality run session though. 5 x 1 mile efforts with company from Lynn Emmett, Paul French, Danny Mann and Simon Black. Okay, so they didn't all do all 5 of the mile efforts, but it was good to have company, support and encouragement.
And yes I was tired, and each effort was hard, but I was really pleased with the consistency. I'd been aiming to run each at 6:15 - 6:20, though the target was 6:26 which is 20minute 5k PB pace. My splits were 6:19, 6:20, 6:20, 6:24 and 6:23. Haven't done this session since 10th November when the splits were 6:23, 6:25, 6:16, 6:42 and 6:33. Definately an improvement and this time round I've done more running in the lead up to the session. In 4 days I've run 33.5 miles. In fact I've run 100 miles in the last 3 weeks.

No comments: