Wednesday 3 March 2010

St. Valentines 30k - Stamford 30k, Sunday 14th Feb

After a week away in the warm cycling, my long run for the week was an undulating race. I'd once done the the St. Valentines 30k before back in 2007 and had exceeded expectations. On that occasion the plan had been to run 8:40mpm and I managed 8mpm. This time round I was also supposed to be treated it as a steady long run. Went off with 8mpm in mind as a target, though I ought to describe it as 5 minutes per km seeing as the course was marked out in kilometers. I needed to stop for a comfort break in the second km. I then pushed the pace a little to 4:46 per km to get back onto the 5 mpk to make up for lost time, but then just kept going at 4:52s. Managed a PB with a time of 2:24:49n average pace of 7:46mpm. Very happy with that.

It was cold though - no heart rate trace, as I forgot to take the monitor band with me.

Review of the last two weeks (weeks 18 and 19):
What was planed? What did I do? The following answers those questions:

No comments: