Sunday 21 March 2010

Australia Day 6 - Sunday 21st March

A second easy day and I went for just a 5 mile (8 km) run. Headed out onto the Ironman Run course to explore the second part of the route. The bit that I'd not yet explored, but when that turned away from the coastal path I opted to stay with the very scenic route. There is definately a hill at this end of the course, which might prove a little testing come race day, though I suspect it will make for a nice change to the rest of the course which is pretty flat.
Headed to Wauchope (war-hope) to get lunch ahead of my 2pm riding lesson. Wasn't much open. Only place I could find was the other side of Timbertown on the far side of Wauchope. Whilst there I received a call to say the lesson was cancelled due to lack of interest, but could it be rescheduled.
I used the drive out to Wauchope to reccee an alternative ride route for Wednesday's hard bike ride. Another main (ish) road with two unsealed sections. The hire car now needs a wash.
On the way back into Port, I stopped for a few hours at the Billabong Koala breeding centre were I got to stroke a Koala. Their fur feels more like the wool on a sheep that it does the fur of a cat. Had the opportunity to stroke a Dingo. Couldn't help but consider this very domesticated specimen a pet dog. Was also cajouled into stroking a lizard, a crocodile and a black headed python.
Okay, so back to training. Today concludes week 24 of 25. It was a taper week with lots of rest. How did I do? Well I pretty much stuck to the schedule as illustrated in the following graphic:

No comments: