Thursday 18 March 2010

Australia Day 3

Went surfing today. A two hour first lesson was as much as I could take. Got pounded by some waves. Got picked up by a few waves. Managed to get the feet under my body and stand up on a few too. Buggered if I could do anything more than fall straight off.

Caught the sun a bit too.

Dopey here omitted sunscreen on the tops of his feet.

Have invested in factor 30+ ahead of tomorrows trip to Flynn beach.

May go to the cinema this evening to see Alice in Wonderland.

Though if last night is anything to go by I'll fall asleep soon after 6pm and not wake until 5am. Think that might be due to jet lag and two sleepless nights on planes.

Oh, and that brings me to another point to ponder. Flight on Saturday evening left Amsterdam at 10pm which was Kuala Lumpur 5am. Flight on Sunday evening left Kuala Lumpur at 11pm which was Syndey 2am. Why do they wait an hour and then give you an evening meal. It's middle of the night where you heading, in fact it's past bedtime where you've left. Why do that?

Found out my race number. I'm number 820. Also discovered that the race start will be delayed by 15minutes to 6:45am to give us a little more early morning light.

Air temperature today was 27C, water temperature 21C. Can cope with that come race day. Cooler would be more to my advantage, but I'll cope. Hope it's cloudy the sun here is real strong.

No comments: