Thursday 11 March 2010

Run + Bricks Week 23 Thursday 11th March

After a day off, there were two items on the schedule. First up was a 30 minute recovery run in the morning before work. Ran a little longer than the target time, but not by much and covered 4 miles. Works out to a 7:56mpm pace which is pretty tidy for a recovery run. Legs were protesting a little.

The evening's activities were a whole lot more involved, and not quite sure how such a big session fits in a recovery week, but after the mornings run I really felt up for it. Having company for the bulk of the session helped. Someone to show off to.

I was joined by Angie Thorp for a brick session that comprised 4 sets (3 for her) of 10 minutes hard on the turbo followed by a 2.1km run repeating the pair every 30 minutes (Angie did shorter run that took her 10 minutes). This 2.5 hour session was one I'd attempted a fortnight ago on Friday 26th February. On that occassion I only managed 3 sets. This time round I managed to put out 300watts for most of the 4 bike efforts (certainly over 290 all the time) which is what I'd aim for if I was just doing 4x 10minute bike efforts and the runs were supposed to be 9 minutes for 2k and this time round only the 3rd wasn't done in under 9 minutes and that was 9:06 and they were for 2.1k rather than the prescribed 2k. So very pleased with that.

Just the 5k swimathon in the morning and I'm done.

No comments: