Saturday 27 March 2010

Australia Day 12 - Saturday 27th March

Just over 12 hours to go now to the start of Ironman Australia 2010. 25 weeks of preparation are coming to a close.

It is 6:30pm here in Port Macquarie as I write this. At 6:45am I start the swim along with over 1500 other competitors. I have a blue swim cap which means I'll be starting in the water behind the pros with the fastest 25% of the entrants.

Starting at 6:45am means a very early start tomorrow. Because the UK and Northern Hemisphere change their clocks this weekend I was under the impression that Australia would be too. Not to be they put their clocks back next week.

So that means my expectations for tomorrow are:

6:45am UTC (7:45pm Sat GMT) Swim start.
1 hr for the swim
7:45am UTC (8:45pm Sat GMT) finish swim and start the bike
Sub 6 hours for the bike (perferably sub 5:40)
1:45pm UTC (2:45am GMT) finish bike and be into the run.
Sub 4 hours for the run? Best I've done so far is 4:15.
5:45pm UTC (6:45am GMT)

You can follow me on www.ironman.com via the live athlete tracker. My race number is 820.

What have I been upto today? Race briefing at 9:30am. Bike racking and checking in my bike and run bags (the bags containing what I need on the bike and the run sections) at 12:30. Then a large lunch at 1pm then I've been chilling out.

It's now 6:45pm and I'm gonna read for an hour and then try to get some sleep. Gonna be getting up at 4am.

I'll let you know how I get on.

No comments: