Tuesday 6 October 2009

Week 1 Tuesday - Run Efforts

First set of run efforts was on the cards today. Between 6 and 8 400m efforts aiming at doing them all at a consistant 85 seconds with one minutes rest in between.
I jogged the mile or so from Surrey St down to Whitlingham lane where I did some heel flick and knee lift drills before some stretches to ensure I was fully warmed up. I was using a make shift 400m course between the Ski Club and the Canoe Club. A running track would have been better, but make do with what you can. The pavement was littered with conker shells and leaves and the road, whilst quiet and clearer felt slick and slippery under foot. I used a bit of both.
My times were 92.6, 93.0, 89.5, 90.5, 93.3 and 91.4. So not quite the 85second target, but my course did have a slight rise in it and might be over distance. Plus my coach (Joe) might also be about to discovery that I'm not as quick as he thinks. I'll have my heart rate trace to share later the average was 145bpm max of 188bpm - my HR max is 182 so that means I was giving over 100% (assuming the monitor was reading right).
How come I only did 6? The aim was to be consistant. The fifth was definately harder and was the slowest so put everything into the final one.

Update with Details
Have now downloaded the heart rate trace and lap times. Didn't get a clean trace particularly not on the first and third efforts. Was suspicous about that 188 reading. Also got a funny trace at the start of the warm up which is reading too high.

400m Course (415m)

No comments: