Wednesday 21 October 2009

Recovery Turbo wk3 Tuesday 20th October

Wasn't able to get out for a ride at lunchtime due to the second day of a First Aid at Work Refresher course. Pleased to say I passed with flying colours even though I was a bit slow in calling the dumby an ambulance in one part of the assessment and nearly fainting during the severe bleeds bit. The instructor was talking rather graphically about severed major arteries, the volume of blood loss and the amount of time you'd survive. I was imagining it was me rapidly lossing blood and started to feel a little uncomfortable. I tried to get my mind onto other more pleasent thoughts. To get myself as far away from the class room as possible I imagined myself snowboarding in the alpes. Almost worked but I'd taken the ruptured artery with me and the snow was rapidly going red and figured that was far to far from medical assistance. Then tried to put my mind into a focused bike session with my head down and working hard, but biking on the roads is probably the most high risk thing I do and the place I'm most likely to suffer a serious injury and that made me very queesy. I had to admit to it before slumping in my seat. I was encouraged down to the floor and feet were put up on a chair - the proper way to treat for shock.
Anyway I ramble on and that was actually Monday rather than Tuesday.
Tuesday evening after the course I did a one hour recovery ride on the turbo trainer. Lots of high cadence, 100rpm in the small chain ring alternating the gradient and the rear sprockets. Legs felt a little heavy but not too bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A good post on Ironman Oz 2010
I did come across a websitehttp://www.gotoaid.com/. It’s has all information on first aid emergencies. It has information on Human emergencies and even for pets like cat or dog. Hope it help you guys too.


Signature: Online First Aid Kit