Thursday 15 October 2009

Long Efforts Thursday wk 2 15th October

5x 1mile efforts with 2:30 rest in between was on the cards today. Ran from the office with Lynn Emmett and Christian Trotter, both fellow Tri-Anglia members down to Whitlingham Lane. A nice 1.25mile warm up. We did odd efforts running East down Whitlingham Lane from the Trowse End to the Lake and even efforts back. Christian and Lynn joined me for the first 4 and helped spur me along. The fifth I did on my own had a 5minute rest then jogged the 2.25 miles back to the office.
Splits were: 6:18.2, 6:21.7, 6:28.0, 6:42.1, 6:35.8
A bit too quick on the first couple, though they did feel comfortable. Slowed on the third. On the fourth I let Christian pull away from me because I figured he was putting in more of an effort in because it was his last. He probably put in a 6:30- 6:35 mile. The last was hard to get myself going. Things were no longer flowing. At least it was quicker than the 4th.
Must learn to go slower on the first one, to ensure that they remain more consistent next time.

No comments: