Friday 9 October 2009

Runners Update 9th Oct

This week was the start of my Ironman Australia training. The first week of 25. Seems to have gone pretty well so far. A swim Monday, a run Tuesday, a ride yesterday and a run today. Tomorrows a rest so should be okay in doing that too. A lot less volume than I'm used to but the intensity is there and that I'm not used to.

Whilst I'm just starting out on the journey to my next Ironman this Saturday sees the climax of the year for the Worlds best Elites and Age Groupers at the World Ironman Championships in Kona, Hawaii. Whilst we have no one from the HO Runners in attendance (I did so want to go, sorry), we do have two local representatives. Simon Edye from Tri-Anglia and the man behind Ronaldo Ice Cream off Dereham Road qualified in the Men's 55-59 Age Group. More significantly Chrissie Wellington from Bury St. Edmunds is defending her Ladies World title that she has won each of the last two years. Chrissie remains unbeaten at Ironman distance and took 15minutes off the previous Ladies World Record at Roth in July. A truly awesome performance and a great Ambassador for Sport and the Country, in fact she has been short listed for The Times Sportswomen of the Year, so if you agree with me you can vote at: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/related_reports/sportswomen_of_the_year/article6858437.ece#

No comments: