Monday 16 November 2009

Seals and Dunes - wk5 Sunday run

The choice was a hard efforts session or a 10mile tempo run. However I'd already made plans to join the Norwich Road Runners at Winterton for a beach run, so I adapted the tempo run to fit that social run. It was a gorgeous morning. Running on the beach was tough. Soft sand, groins and then some seals to dodge. Was sureal running towards a rock groin to then have the rocks start moving. That groin wasn't all rocks, some were seals. They do blend in rather well.
Having run out along the beach the run back was through the dunes. Paths through dunes aren't straight and they aren't flat. Trying to maintain a pace there is just as tough, perhaps tougher than running a pace on the beach.
Was really pleased with how I went.
Cafe at the end was really nice. I did get confused with the menu. I couldn't work out what food I was going to get if I ordered mermaid ball, tennis ball or any of the other items. Colin Browning needed to point out that it was a menu for beach toys not food.

No comments: