Tuesday 24 November 2009

3x 10minute efforts on Turbo - Wk 8 Tuesday 24th November

Todays session comprised a bike effort session on the turbo trainer. The third session doing the 3x 10minutes at 10mile TT pace.
As the last two times that I've done this session I've built each effort harder than the previous, this time I aimed to do all at the same intensity. And of course the intensity I selected was that of the third and final effort from the previous two occurances of this session.
For the efforts I was maintaining over 300watts (equivalent of 27.9mph in a 53x15 gear). Total session took 65minutes with a warm up, 5minutes recovery between efforts and a 10 minute warm down.
I've now learned to take a towel into the garage with me for these sessions. I need it to mop up the sweat.
Helping me through the session this week was Story of The Clash with a bit of Tom Jones on the warm down and in the kitchen after the session whilst I had home made lamb jalfrezi from the freezer.
Swimming tomorrow morning seeing as I failed to make it this morning, and run efforts later in the day.

No comments: