Tuesday 28 October 2008

Festival of Light

Last week I mentioned the nights getting darker and today I'm commenting on Light. The Indian's celebrate Diwali on this day each year. It is a festival intended to bring new light and new hope into our lives and to flush away any darkness from our hearts and minds.
I've new hope, in the form of a washing machine I ordered yesterday that should be delivered next Tuesday. I've never bought a washing machine before. The first I inherited from my Grandmother, the next was in a house I bought 5 years ago.
How is training? It's going quite well. Only swam once last week. The Saturday EAST session where John Digby told me to focus on the push part of the end of my crawl arm stroke. I put that into practice yesterday morning and took at least 2 strokes off each length. Was doing a 50m length in 41 strokes. Riding last week involved an interesting off road Rough Stuff Ride to get me to 206miles. Only ran 19.5miles, but the quality was good, a 4.5mile t-run after Saturday's bike ride at 80% heart rate that felt hard and awkward proved to be 7:20mpm pace.

No comments: