Wednesday 5 November 2008

Overtaken

Got overtaken swimming this morning. Really doesn't happen too often. Guess it's my fault by getting in the same lane as Mike. Youll have to forgive me for not knowing the surname of the other early morning swimmers, at least I know the forenames of the people in this mornings story.
Well, I started off at 7:04 on Mikes heals, I was doing 5x800m with 60seconds rest between each and he was heading off on a 1500m warm up. 3 lengths into the swim and I'm being overtaken by some slim lady who I hadn't even clocked as being in the lane with us, she didn't catch Mike before she paused for a rest, though she did give me a wake to follow in for 200m. Mike later confessed that he'd spotted Claire overtake me and wasn't going to let her catch him.
I was then into my second 800 when Mike then overtook me towards the end of his 1500m, this time with Tom on his heals. I did get my own back on Mike when he went onto kick, but you would expect that.
Nattering with Mike he reckoned that averaging 1:30 per 100m was a good pace for a distance swim. My 4,000m set took me 65mins which included 4mins rest, which means I averaged 1:31 per 100m. So I'm pleased with that.

No comments: