Monday 6 October 2008

A New Dawn

Winter is here. Yesterday was horrid and saturday's 10M time trial was horribly windy.
My winter bike is now all but set up and was used this morning in earnest to get me to UEA for an early morning swim. The crankbrother egg beater pedals combined with with specialsed off road shoes seemed to work a treat. The addition of a speedo has confirmed rather than allayed my fears of being able to stay the pace of group rides in a single 42-18 gear.
Appreciate that it's been a while since I last updated my blog. Would like to be able to say that I've been having a well deserved rest since the Ironman, but the reality of it is that I've been busy with Tri-Anglia events of Aquathlon and Waveney2, plus a weekend consumed by the annual Round Norfolk Relay. Been so buys that I've still to write up a report for the Ironman and put photos onto the website. Oh, well, hope to soon.
On Friday evening we had a Tri-Anglia committee meeting at the Earlham firestation. Quite exciting after the meeting to look round the engines. During the meeting I managed to avoid being nominated for 2009 Chairmanship - there's no way I can possibly take on anymore.
One thing that did go well, was how we allocated the clubs slot in the 2009 London Marathon, conversation was rather timely as notifications came out that same day. I'm in due to having been rejected for 5 consequative years.

No comments: