Wednesday 8 October 2008

Long lunchtime run

Trying to get into the habbit of doing my long run mid week rather than at the weekend. The idea is to separet the long bike ride and the long run. This weeks long run didn't need to be terribly long. In fact none of my long runs need to be terribly long for the next month or so. So todays 8 miler I fitted in at lunchtime.
Went out on a route that from memory was 8miles. Was thinking about technique and form - run tall, run straight, hips forward, high cadence, don't bring feet to far forward resulting on heal strikes and a braking action, and lean forward. Pace on the watch was good to start at 8mpm, on the downhill to the railway station was 7:30mpm, but after that it was 9mpm which I was sure wasn't right. It then dropped to 10mpm, I was tired but that definately didn't feel right.
Finished the run and the pedometer has measured it at 7.2 miles, 1:04:36 so 8:58mpm average. Checked the route from last time when I'd gmapped it: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1493067 8.17 miles in 64:36 works out to 7:54mpm pace including styles, level crossing, traffic lights, road junctions etc. I'm very happy with that.

No comments: