Sunday 4 March 2007

Wymondham Spring 10 mile

Ran the Wymondham Spring 10 mile today as part of my Bungay Marathon and Ironman preparation.
The aim for the day was a slightly easier long run. I wanted to use the race as pacing practise and I wanted to pace myself round at 8.30minute miles. To make the event more sociable I rode over to Wymondham with Darren Powell (http://chairman-trianglia.blogspot.com/) and Mark Evans both of Tri-Anglia (www.tri-anglia.co.uk).
Bumped into a number of runners that I knew including Mark Crossfield an old canoeing friend who also did the Devizes to Westminster race in 2004. Mark wanted to paced round the course so we ran together, but yet again I ended up going out too fast, and then settling into 8minute mile pace before picking it up at the end. At least it was a nice steady run out.
Took some photos for the Tri-Club and composed a bit of a report that can be found on www.tri-anglia.co.uk or directly at www.tri-anglia.co.uk/2007/2007WAC2010/WAC2010Report.html

No comments: