Sunday 18 March 2007

Ironman Week 10 of 24

The training schedule for week 10 suggested somewhere between 15 and 22 hours covering something between 155 & 200 miles. Though there is a bare minium of 8 hours covering 100miles. Clearly that breaks down to different distance for the different sports.
However schedules can't always be applied to everyones lifes due to commitments of work, family and friends. Sports clubs are great for adding a social element into the training, but you can't always impose an Ironman Training session onto other club members (though I have been guilty of this at Tri-Anglia wednesday swims).
Anyway how have I faired this week? I've managed to log 17.5 hours and cover 210miles excluding 20 miles worth of commuting on my mountain bike. A summary per sport is of 30miles running, just over 200miles riding including a century ride yesterday and 3.8miles of swimming.
Totals for the year are run 326miles, biked 1,569 and swam 46miles. Making a grand total of 1,941miles.
I think that means I'm on schedule if not slightly ahead, though next week is

No comments: