Friday 8 June 2007

Guy Fawkes 10k

I know it's not November. But as a spur of the moment thing I entered and ran this evenings Guy Fawkes 10k at Easton just outside Norwich. It was the 2nd running of this event, and I guess for whatever reason they moved the race from November to June.
Despite quite horrible weather this morning the evening was quite pleasent. Cloudy but warm. And dry despite the earlier ran. Pretty much ideal running conditions.
Plenty of other runners there from Tri-Anglia, CoNAC, Norwich Road Runners, WAC and from work. There were people there that knew me, although I couldn't put a name to all of them.
Despite a hilly course and legs still recovering from 22miles on Monday I got round in 44:11 and bagged a negative split, seasons best and a finishers medal. Incidently the medal said Guy Fawkes 10k. Perhaps that's why they didn't rename the race.

No comments: