Thursday 28 August 2008

More Energy than you can shake a stick at.

I've been a regular user of Science in Sports (SiS) products for a while now. I like their "Go" electolyte powder, their engery bars and rate their "Rego" recovery drink.
When training for Ironman Switzerland I bough some Powerbar energy drink powder to familiarise myself with that product, but as I didn't like it, nor did I feel it worked for me I opted to go self sufficient and stick with SiS rather than use the event provided drink.
At the Tour of Wessex this year I tried and liked the Torq Pink Grapefruit drink. Having worked my way through a large tub of the stuff, which is really easy to measure out, I took delivery the week before last of another tub of grapefruit plus an assortment of 5 small tubes of their 5 different flavours.
Then yesterday I received even more energy products. When entering Ironman France a few weeks back I opted to recieve samples of InfinitNutrition products that will be available at Ironman France. I wasn't expecting them to arrive so quickly and I wasn't expecting the samples to include a tub of Bike specific drink comprising 6:1 carbs to protein, a tub of Run specific carb drink, a tub of their recovery drink and two bottles.
With 4 different manufacturers energy drink in my kitchen cupboards I feel I should be conducting comparison tests and writing up my results.

No comments: