Monday 8 October 2007

Sympathies...

.. to the Bradley family. On Friday last week, along with my brother Dave, I attended the funeral of a family friend. I'd known who Michelle Bradley was I was 5, although at the time she was better known as Michelle Wiseman. She was the big sister of Linda Wiseman who was in my class. Michelle married John Bradley who had been in the same year at the same middle school and both been taught maths by my Mum, though they weren't to meet until much later. John used to sing in the church choir with my Dad and the family's became much closer from 1997.
Michelle's life was claimed by Cancer a year after being diagnosed with the illness. She will be missed and most dearly by Emma (14), Luke (12) and John.
At the wake I chanced upon another old school chum - Michelle Casey - though I'm sure her surname has changed in the 23 years since we last spoke. I ascertained that she had a couple of boys the oldest being 17. She politely asked me, what I'm doing now and what I've been up to since school. I'm afraid I didn't give her a very comprehensive answer. Just how can you summarise 23 years of your life into the answer of a single question?

No comments: