Monday 8 October 2007

Griffon 5k

Took part in the inaugural Griffon run in North Walsham. The race was described as a fast flat course, yet I found the course going down hill within the first mile and as it was a circular route, that meant that at some point it was going to have to come back up a hill. So the description was wrong. Kilometer markers were in the wrong places which buggered my pacing a bit. Found the first marker at 5m50s. The second a further 6m22 down the road. Started to wonder if it was a 5miler that had been incorrectly advertised as 5k, so rained my pace in abit just in case. Another 6m20s and the 3k appeared as we returned towards North Walsham. 1m40s later and the 4k mark was to be found and only 1m15s to get to the finish. Total time 21:30, a seasons worst by nearly a minute and nearly two minutes off my PB - still my legs were tired before the start.
An interesting route though, well marshalled with a few points for improvement. The winners still got round in 17mins and my training buddy Rob Kilbourn got a PB of 19:13 (officially though he made it 19:10) and finished 10th. I was 20th. There were over 100 entrants.

No comments: