Tuesday 14 July 2009

Nice - Day 16

My melencholy at being last man standing soon past when my journey home started. Again another smooth journey, though we were delayed at Antibes due to an accident on the train. This delay meant that we were late getting to Lille and I was a bit concerned at having only 15 minutes to get from my TGV to my Eurostar. You'd normally think that changing platforms for trains would be simple enough, but for the Eurostar you do have an airport style check-in (though admittedly you keep all your bags). There's passport control and security to go through. I didn't rate my chances, but through with 5 mintues to spare. It's definately way way easier changing in Lille than in Paris.
Was met in London at Liverpool St by my London based Friend Helena Bergholtz. Nice of her to come say hi. Whilst we were waiting for my Norwich train, Mitch Dann came off the train from Norwich with his bike having just done the Norwich Tri and was returning to Greenwich.
All in all, a good adventure - just need to write up a short (ish) report now for the club website.

No comments: