Thursday 18 June 2009

6th Lotus of 2009

Attended the 6th Lotus Cars Cycle Race League of 2009 last night. Yes I know I'm tapering, but figured a bit of speed would be a nice little sharpener. Strong wind last night - going down the main straight was lovely 24mph at 55% HRM on my tod in the warm up. Into the headwind was a different matter.
Despite my best intentions I kept finding myself at the front. There seemed a real reluctance from anyone to take it up into the wind - so pulled my weight so to speak. Seemed that if I didn't push it at 21mph the pack were happy to sit at 17mph - that was until the lap where I'd drifted to the back with the tail wind. Caught the back of the group in the headwind only to find that the 4 riders I'd caught (including Alfie Chapman) were themselves detached. Oh well, 40 mins was probably enough for a taper. Average 24mph max 36mph.
Chris Guy, Phil Hargreaves and one other had a 3 man break for several laps but got caught 2 laps from the finish. Sean of 'Sports Therapy/Streetlife/City College' got the win. Liam Gentry and Simon Asher were 6th and 5th with Chris Guy 4th.

No comments: