Monday 23 February 2009

The allure of chlorine

After the hard run of last sunday the week since then should have been a bit easier. In fact the week, being week6 of the 24 week Ironman schedule, was designated as a recovery week. The turbo session for tuesday evening was far from easy and the weeks run efforts were a little testing on wednesday. My two trips to the gym saw the weights go up by 5kg on each exercise (an accumulative increase of 800kg per session).
Whilst the lure of chlorine wasn't enough to get me up on week day mornings for a swim, I twice found my cat Winnie curled up on my swimming trunks. On one morning she'd pulled them off the foot of my bed, the other occasion from off the top of my bag. As see normally seems to make more of a fuss of me when I return from the pool in comparsion to returning home from other places I've long suspected that she likes the smell of chlorine. I think these two instances prove it beyond doubt.

No comments: