Thursday 20 November 2008

Friendly?

Ever wondered how friendly we are in the UK? Ever pondered why we seem defencive when a stranger talks to us?
Other countries seem to be far more comfortable in conversing with stranger. We tend to think that if someone approaches us that they are after something and have ulteria motives.
I've noticed that London is particularly bad. If you go running there and wave, smile or acknowledge another runner in anyway you get blanked. It's as if you are invisible.
Norwich isn't that bad, I make a point of talking to all the runners I see.There was one leaving my office yesterday evening. A pretty lady. I spoke to her 3 times before I got any response, which was "are you talking to me?" as she took out her earphones.
Guess she thinks I'm a weirdo or a stalker or something now.

No comments: