Sunday 17 February 2008

Bagged a PB today

On tired legs and in the freezing cold I cycled down to Bungay today with Mark Philo, Will Hall, Jonathan Tyrrell and Penny Edwards for the 2008 Great East Run. It was intending on treating it as a training run - nice and steady. Got the first kilometre done in under 4.5 mins which would be the pace for an aspirational 90minute 20k. So, tried to keep the pace going, and did and finished in a time of 1:29:22. A personal best of just over 7minutes.
The guys didn't seem very sympathetic towards my tired legs on the ride home.
I ran in my Tri-Anglia gillet and leggings. In doing so I had a couple of other Tri-Anglia members introduce themselves to me, which I really enjoyed. They were Rory Beaths and Paul Yallop.
Ironman Wk16 round up - this week involved 23.5miles running, just one swim session of 2.6km and 214miles of cycling.

No comments: