Wednesday 30 January 2008

11 o'clock and all's well

Actually it's 10.30pm but realised I'm behind on my updates and I do like that Olde Town Crier call.
Has been a good few days training wise.
Rode well on saturday despite the wind. Had a good 18 mile run on sunday (thank you to Sally for cycle supporting me and taking the picture).

Swam in the lane next to Jonathan Tyrrell on Monday evening. He was on day 1 of week 1 of his 24 week schedule for Ironman Austria. As too is Mark Philo, who today sent me an invite to his 40th birthday party in March.

Yesterday managed to clock best part of 50miles on the bike, now at 80 for the week so far. Had the company of Kate Scotter for my Turbo session last night. Angie Thorp was unwell otherwise she would also have been there. Angie's husband Warren has accused the girls of being my groupies.

Today - work forced me to ride to one of our out of town locations. Used it as an opportunity to get a few extra bike miles in. Succeeded in that regards, I just won't do it with a laptop in the ruck sack again. Well, not for a long detour on the way back.

This evening was a milestone though, and a pleasing one. I've been following the swim sessions from the Ironman Start to Finish book and this evening was the first time I completed one of their 3.5k sessions in under the hour. In fact I just managed to get under 59mins. I would so like to get under the hour for the Ironman swim. Port Elizabeth might be too choppy, fortunately I've a second chance at Ironman UK in September.

No comments: