Tuesday 8 May 2007

Ironman Week 17 of 24

After the last few weeks I really needed an easier week. My legs were tired from the 112mile bike ride at the end of week 16.
By the end of the week I was a little better, though some unpromptu beers with a friend Cam meant that getting up for the saturday lake swim was tough. Fortunately it was a Bank Holiday weekend so got away with going back to bed. Although the 18mile run I had planed for the saturday got pushed onto the Bank Holiday Monday and effectively into week 18.
Had a good ride on the Sunday. Rode down to Whitlingham lane to watch the Tri-Anglia Triathletes set off on a 10k club race before joining Velo Club Norwich for thier Sunday ride. I left them when they went for their tea stop to blast over to Ellingham to watch the Norwich Canoe Club come through their portage as part of the Waveney Hasler. Had come across Angie and Warren Thorp on the way across and talked them through the antics and tactics of the canoe race. Rode to the finish of the canoe race where I caught up with my Mum and Brother before heading home (71miles in total) for a 6mile run.
Total mileage for the week: 156.9 miles as 2.9 swim, 131 bike and 23 run.
Total mileage for the year to date: 3,207.6 as 70 swim, 2,664.4 bike and 473.2 run.

No comments: