Tuesday 3 April 2007

Ironman Week 12 of 24 - Half Way

After the disruptions to the week 11 schedule week 12 proved very slow to get started. I had shin splints running on the Monday and Wednesday which fortunately passed before the marathon on the Sunday.
The marathon was not on the official schedule, but was in my adaptation which means that week 12 was a bumper running week with 42miles. As such the cycling was reigned in a little to 105miles. It was a good week swim wise where I managed to attend EAST sessions. I also managed to fit in 3 functional stability sessions. So in all a very good week.
Half way to Ironman Switzerland now. The first two 6 week phases of the training plan are done and now we (myself and the other Tri-Anglia members of the Swiss Seven) enter into the third phase which is the Ironman Specific phase. There is going to be a lot of cycling over the next few weeks. Fortunately it's Easter this weekend coming so four days away from work with a 100k Audax on Saturday, if I ride to the start and back that'll be a nice round 100miles.

No comments: