Saturday 17 April 2010

Brighton Marathon Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the Brighton Marathon. My eleventh marathon in total and the third marathon in my preparations for Comrades in 6 weeks time.
My race number tomorrow is 6848 and I'm sure you'll be able to follow my progress on www.brightonmarathon.co.uk. For those of you with iphones (possibly ipod touches too) there is a Brighton Marathon App that has news, course maps and results.
Have I recovered from Ironman Australia? Not fully, no. Certainly not fully enough for a fast marathon tomorrow but as I'm only after a long steady run I feel up for it. In fact I feel quite excited about it.
I have managed a few runs since Port Macquarie, including 15 miles last week. Have been out on the bike a few times to get some miles in. Nothing major to write about. I get dropped on the hills, particularly the steep hills if I ride with buddies, but the rest of the time I'm turning the pedals okay, just don't have that top end burst at the moment.
Swimming. Well, I have to confess that I haven't done any.
Had hassle with getting the bike back from Sydney. BA tried to rob me good and proper. Ended up shipping the bike back rather than having it in the hold. It cost £72 to get the bike from Norwich out to Sydney with KLM and Malaysian. Coming back I was expecting it to be Quantas and KLM but the first flight turned out to be BA and they wanted AUS$3,400 (£2,230). So the money I saved by shipping rather than giving into BA has bought me a new bike. Took the issue up with KLM, but there response was "if you have exception with the charges BA make, take it up with them".
Okay, I'm off now to drive to Brighton. I have a marathon to run tomorrow.

No comments: