Monday 13 April 2009

Another good swim and a good weekend

Had another good swim this evening. Finally after about 2 years my stroke feels like its coming together. It is feeling powerful and strong in the water. Feel now that the effort I'm putting into my swimming will now make me faster, before it felt like I was sleeping and putting in effort and making no progress.
It was also good to see both Paul Yallop and Tim Chen down the pool. Paul I know is training for Ironman UK. Tim who did Ironman Switzerland with me turns out to have an entry for Ironman UK as well. Think that makes Tim the only the second of the dozen from Tri-Anglia doing Ironman UK that's previously completed one. Not sure Tim and Paul know each other.
This evenings swim wraps up a good Easters weekend's training and ensures I've made a good start to Week 14 of my 24 week training routine. This week is a big week. Next week being a recovery week.

No comments: