Sunday 7 December 2008

My Playlist for Running Free

I've been honoured. I've been asked to submit my favourite tracks to the magazine Running Free. These are the tracks I submitted:

Fave Five
Muse – Hysteria
This is such a good track to get you spinning fast on your bike. Helps you zone everything out, put you head down and go. This track needs a health warning – do it in a safe place.
Eurythimics – Sweet dreams
This one was playing on the PA system as I completed Ironman South Africa. High on emotion I was singing along to this as a sped up towards the line.
Abba – Dancing Queen
Been dared by my team mates to include this one and to say it is my favourite track of all time
The Killers – All those Things that I have done
Good strong beat. Belting chants. Reminds you why you are training. Motivational
Maroon 5 – This Love
Strong clear rhythm to keep your legs in tempo. Be warned you might find yourself singing along.

Best of the Rest
Depeche Mode – A question of time
Mark Ronson Featuring Paul Smith – Apply Some Pressure
Kaiser Chiefs – Oh My God
Gorillaz – Dirty Harry
Radiohead – Street Spirit (Fade Out)
Paul Oakenfold – Dread Rock
Stranglers – Golden Brown
Pink Floyd – Money
Gun – Only one
Billy Idol – White Wedding
Moby – Everloving
Kasabian – Shoot shoot the runner
Yello – Oh Yeah
U2 – Party Girl
Faithless - Insomnia
Soft Cell – Tainted Love
+ Marilyn Manson’s version.

1 comment:

Rob said...

You might also want to try this Pussy Cat Doll version of Tainted Love: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rRrJmbgYpbI&feature=related