Monday 7 March 2011

First update in 9 months

Hi.
This site is now back in action. The last post was about Comrades. That event really took a lot out of me. I felt really drained and burnt out for quite some time afterwards.
I had a few weeks off and then managed to get round the Ironman distance triathlon that is the Outlaw. That was a good event, but my legs really didn't want to know about the run.
That was early August. By the end of October the legs were getting back into the running and managed to yield a PB at the Athen's Marathon. That is a significant race and not an easy course (though after Comrades, it's a walk in the park).
I'm now 11 weeks into a 16 week schedule for the Paris Marathon and I'm raising funds for the NSPCC. I've run 520 miles since 20th December in training and things are going well. I've equalled my all time PB for 5k on a frosty morning at a Parkrun, got a PB at the Stamford 30k and a PB at the Wymondham 20 Miles. Feeling quietly confident for a PB at Paris, perhaps by as much as fifteen minutes to get myself a sub 3 hour 20 minute qualifying time for the Boston Marathon.
Now that I'm getting closer to that goal I will report progress on here.

1 comment:

Iain said...

Good effort!